30/09/2019: If this is wrong, tweet me. Added some stuff for 9.0.
30/09/2019: Enhanced Security Configuration (https://tunecomp.net/disable-internet-explorer-enhanced-security-configuration-windows-server-2016/)
Download for Server: https://download.microsoft.com/download/B/D/0/BD0FA814-9885-422A-BA0E-54CBB98C8A33/CRM9.0-Server-ENU-amd64.exe
ODBC Driver: https://download.microsoft.com/download/D/5/E/D5EEF288-A277-45C8-855B-8E2CB7E25B96/x64/msodbcsql.msi
Download for SQL Server Native Client: http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/D/0/AD021EF1-9CBC-4D11-AB51-6A65019D4706/sqlncli.msi
Download for SQL CLI Tools: http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/E/D/FEDB200F-DE2A-46D8-B661-D019DFE9D470/ENU/x64/SQLSysClrTypes.msi
Download for SQL management objects: http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/E/D/FEDB200F-DE2A-46D8-B661-D019DFE9D470/ENU/x64/SharedManagementObjects.msi
Download for SQL Server 2016 SP2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56836
Deployment Notes: HyperV – Standalone
- Internal adapter
- 12gb-16gb RAM.
- 2x Cores
- Configure IPV4 with 192.168.0.x IP address.
- Use the default 255.255.255.0 subnet mask
- set default gateway to same IP address. 192.168.0.x
- Set the preferred DNS server to be the same as the IP address 192.168.0.x
- Create new AD forest, 2016 type. CRMX.local.
- Reboot as needed.
- Create OU/Users for CRM/SQL deployment.
- Install SQL Server 2016 and patch to SP2 as necessary. (Current user as administrator)
- Set SQL Memory to be 60-70% of total allocated memory (Not necessary but recommended)
- Install CRM pre-reqs from above.
- Use required credentials for each service, apply to necessary groups (administrator will auto apply to all groups)
- Fill out new org details.
- Let installer run.
Note: Installation process is the same as previous editions.
Note: Windows Error Reporting Service is turned off by default for Windows Server 2016. Enable it. Also installing all the above will let the install run smootly.
Note: When the installer hits “Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.InstallCrm.SystemsConvertedSolutionsAction” it takes a while to go through. Go have a coffee/tea/vape/cigarette.